AT A GLANCE: QUICK RATINGS
Heart Rate Functions
Fitness / Sport Features
Ease of Use
Where To Get It
A Deep Dive Into The Garmin Edge 200
A compact, easy to use GPS bike computer. The Garmin Edge 200 GPS Bike Computer has been reviewed by Tristan Haskins aka CardioCritic.
Who Is It For?
The Garmin Edge 200 is for the person who wants an easy to use, easy to install, no fuss GPS bike computer to give LIVE feedback on speed, distance, time and calories. Thats’ it… if you want heart rate, cadence, power… move on please
- Lightweight, low profile design
- 5cm x 7cm @ 60g
- Clear, large, easy-to-read display
- Auto time zone set from GPS
- Real buttons on the sides
- No setup required
- Battery lasts up to 14 hours
It’s basic features list is probably it’s strong point. The Edge 200 canNOT be upgraded to support heart rate monitors or any other external sensors. If your only requirement is HOW FAR and HOW FAST then this unit is ideal. USB charge and upload to Garmin Connect or Strava etc.
Could have been better?
Nothing. It’s perfect the way it is… until the Edge 25 arrived 🙂
Garmin Edge 200 Image Gallery
Edge 200 Specification from the Manufacturer
Easy-to-use GPS Bike Computer
- Tracks time, distance, speed and GPS position
- Challenge your past rides or others’ rides
- Great for everyday, training or touring rides
Bring new life to every ride with Edge 200. This GPS-enabled bike computer tracks time, distance, speed, location and calories burned. The Edge 200 is ideal for training, everyday and touring rides or any adventure you want to relive later at Garmin Connect™.
Easy to Use
We know you just want to get out and enjoy your ride without fussing over gear and electronics, so we made Edge 200 extremely easy to use. There’s no setup required — just pop it onto the included bike mount and you’re ready to roll. You even can use it on multiple bikes.
Edge 200 features a high-sensitivity GPS receiver with HotFix® satellite prediction to calculate your position faster. That means when you turn it on outdoors, it finds satellites quickly so you can get on with your ride. It also alerts you if you’re moving but the timer is not running. Edge 200 has an Auto Pause feature so it will stop the timer when you’re not moving, then restart automatically when you’re rolling again. You also can set alerts for distance, time or calories to make it easier and more fun to achieve your goals.
How Far and How Fast
Whether you ride for fun, fitness or to feed your competitive edge, you’ll love seeing how far and how fast you rode. Having this data at your fingertips provides motivation and inspiration to keep you going. Edge 200 stores up to 130 hours of ride data and sorts your activities so you can quickly look up the fastest, longest or last ride.
Edge 200 helps you bring new life to old rides with Courses, a feature that lets you challenge your times on previous rides. A digital cyclist shows your speed relative to your past performance, along with an indication of how far ahead or behind you are. You also can download rides from other Garmin Connect users for a virtual competition.
Join a worldwide network of cyclists and outdoor enthusiasts at Garmin Connect. Once your ride is done, upload it to the site to see the path you traveled on a map, analyze it, share it and view more detail like elevation. Use Garmin Connect’s new Course Creator feature to plan new rides or convert a past activity into a Course.
- Physical dimensions 1.9″ x 2.7″ x 0.8″ (4.8 x 6.9 x 2.1 cm)
- Display size, WxH 1.2″ x 1.4″ (3.0 x 3.7 cm)
- Display resolution, WxH 128 x 160 pixels
- Weight 2.1 oz (58.5 g)
- Battery rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life up to 14 hours
- Water rating IPX7
- GPS-enabled > YES
- High-sensitivity receiver > YES
Maps & Memory
- Waypoints/favorites/locations > 0
- Routes > 0
- History 1,000 laps (dependent on memory usage)
Running & Cycling Features
- Virtual Partner® (train against a digital person) Yes (within a course)
- Courses (compete against previous activities) > Yes
- Auto Pause® (pauses and resumes timer based on speed) > Yes
- Auto Lap® (automatically starts a new lap) > Yes
- Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout) > Yes
- Time/distance alert (triggers alarm when you reach goal) > Yes
- Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data) > Yes
Next Model UP
The next model up would be either the Garmin Edge 500 or the Edge 510 with TOUCHSCREEN. Both the 500 and 510 support external accessories like heart rate monitor, cadence and speed sensors (great for turbo trainer in the winter).
Next Model DOWN
Hmmmm? One of these maybe 🙂
Last Updated on