Epson Pulsense PS-100
- Editor Rating
- Rated 2.5 stars
- Epson PS100
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- Heart Rate Monitor functionsEditor: 70%
- Heart Rate AccuracyEditor: 90%
- Activity Tracking featuresEditor: 75%
- Running functionsEditor: 40%
- Fitness monitoring featuresEditor: 40%
- Ease of UseEditor: 60%
- Battery LifeEditor: 90%
This is the Epson Pulsense PS-100 Fitness tracker – reviewed and tested by Tristan Haskins. An activity tracking bracelet with optical heart rate sensor. Keeping active throughout the day is the key to staying fit and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. The PS-100 is a good way of motivating and monitoring yourself throughout the day and during workouts. Features Epson’s innovative built-in heart rate sensor.
Pulsense is a next generation activity tracker that not only uses an accelerometer but an Epson-developed optical heart rate monitor as well. The addition of heart rate information opens up a whole new world of data to more accurately track your activities. It will keep a record of your sleep, calories burned and even how your state of mind effects your heart rate. You can’t fool your heart rate – if Pulsense is reading it, everything counts.
- In touch with your body
- 24-hour heart rate and activity monitoring
- Track your progress
- Use the free smartphone app or track your progress online
- Compact and water resistant design
- Water resistant up to 3atm and comfortable to wear
- LED indicator lights and vibrate alarm
- Check your heart rate zone at a glance
- Sleep phase wake-up alarm
- Start your day the right way
Next model Up
The next model above this one is the Epson PS-500 with LED display. The PS-500 is a regular time of day watch with wrist based heart rate and 24/7 activity tracking functions.
The Epson PS100 does what it should however, in all honesty, there are better fitness bands. If you are interested in 1) Off the wrist heart rate 2) Activity Tracker 3) iPhone / Android app support 4) Daily steps target 5) Regular time of day, date and daily alarm functions there are a few alternatives. My personal favourite is the Polar A360 available from our online store. From the other leading brands the three standout alternatives are the Mio Fuse, Fitbit Charge 2 and the Garmin Vivismart HR.
Get the best PRICE
Hopefully by now you will know if this Epson PS-100 activity tracker is for you. If it is, then please support us by checking the very best prices by clicking these buttons (open in new window).
Heart Rate Monitor with activity tracker and daily goals
- Keeps track of calories burned based on heart rate data and input calorie intake from meals
- Built-in continuous heart rate and activity monitoring
- Heart rate-based sleep cycle tracking
- Smart device and web apps translate your data for easy review and analysis
- Automatically sets daily goals based on long or short-term targets
- Long battery life
The Epson PS100 was a viable and sensible option when it was first released. However, since then there have been many better fitness bands that have demoted this model to the “also ran” category. However, it is CHEAP … Last time I looked on Amazon it was under £50. Whether you buy one or not depends really on what you’re looking for. If you want a basic activity tracker with wrist based heart rate it’s 100% satisfactory. If you want something with time of day, more accurate heart rate and a better app then the Mio Fuse is the closest and superior alternative.