AT A GLANCE: QUICK RATINGS
ECG Acquisition (30 secs)
Ease of Use
Where To Get It
A Deep Dive Into Beurer ME80 Personal ECG
As with all home use medical equipment, the Beurer ME80 portable ECG monitor is not intended to replace professional medical diagnosis. The Beurer ME80 has been reviewed by CardioCritic.
It must not be used if you are fitted with a heart pacemaker.
Who Is It For?
The Beurer ME-80 is a high quality portable ECG monitor (wireless) with the convenience of a built-in USB port. Historical heart rate data is easily transferred from the ECG monitor to a computer for self analysis or professional analysis by a medical expert. Beurer are a German manufacturer of precision medical equipment trusted around the world.. Beurer GmbH have been making health and well-being products since 1999.
Beurer ME80 Personal ECG Monitor enables those with increased health risk to monitor their heart function anywhere! One button operation, LCD display, 99 memories, USB connection for PC print out and on screen evaluation, complete with a storage pouch.
- Mobile 1-channel ECG device for recording heart rhythm
- Self monitoring of heart function at home or on the move
- Particularly suited to persons with increased health risk caused by:
- high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes, family predisposition
- excess weight, lack of physical activity, high consumption of tobacco, stress, lack of sleep
- history of heart attacks and/or strokes
- Easy-to use / One-button operation
- Small and handy
- Easy to read LCD display
- Duration of recording: 30 seconds
- Recording through: chest-arm-hand or through hand-arm-upper body-arm-hand
- Immediate information about heart rhythm after completion of recording
- 99 memory spaces
- Plug-in USB and USB extension cable
- PC software for detailed display and evaluation
- Win XP (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Vista (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Win 7 (32 bit and 64 bit)
- Battery status indicator
- Automatic switch-off
- Date and time
- With storage pouch – ideal for taking on the move
- Lithium ion battery: 100 mAh – can be charged by USB
- Medical product
Main Features and Functions
Simple Design, Clear Display
The Beurer ME-80 has been designed to be accurate, discrete, pocket sized and easy to use. The large clear display will provide a summary of the latest recording
No Wires or Sticky ECG Pads
The Beurer ME80 does NOT require the use of sticky pads. There are two measurement methods that can be employed to get an ECG reading within 30 seconds. Please scroll down for the video.
Built-in USB Port for Ease of Download & Sharing
A convenient design in this particular ECG monitor is it’s built-in USB port. At the end of each day you can simply connect your Beurer ME80 to your Windows PC and download the day’s recordings in to the Beurer software for a detailed analysis.
Can this check blood pressure?
Something we get asked about every day is whether these devices can also measure blood pressure.
No, they can’t. These ECG devices monitor the electrical activity around the heart. A blood pressure monitor measures the diastolic & systolic blood pressure while the heart pumps and rests.
This Beurer unit is a good product, but I still prefer the Kardia Mobile, it's in my (expert) opinion, a better value for money. Check it out here.
Last Updated on May 16, 2019