Wahoo Fitness RFLKT
- Editor Rating
- Rated 4.5 stars
- Wahoo RFLKT Bike Computer
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- Heart Rate Monitor functionsEditor: 90%
- Heart Rate AccuracyEditor: 95%
- Cycling functionsEditor: 95%
- Ease of UseEditor: 95%
- Battery LifeEditor: 95%
The Wahoo Fitness RFLKT is a bike computer that takes it data from your iPhone. It cleverly harnesses the power of your phone into a sleek cycling computer. The RFLKT wirelessly “reflects” data from your preferred cycling app, so you can view it right on your handlebars while your is phone safely tucked in your jersey pocket. Using the buttons on the side of the RFLKT, you can control your favorite app on your phone. The Wahoo RFLKT has been reviewed by Tristan Haskins aka Cardio Critic (was HeartRateMonitor UK)
What it is NOT is a GPS bike computer …. but it kind of is too. It works by taking the LIVE GPS data (via a Bluetooth stream) from your iPhone / Android smartphone which is safely tucked away in your back pocket and out of danger. Your phone only has to run one of many popular GPS based APPS like Strava etc.
RFLKT is compatible with the Wahoo Fitness App for iPhone and Android, and many other top rated cycling Apps, including Strava and Cyclemeter. Using the buttons on the side of the RFLKT to control the App, change data screens, start / stop the timer. It is even possible to control the music playback and more. Very clever little gadget, we were very impressed.
The best alternative to the Wahoo RFLKT is the Polar M460. The Polar M460 replaced the brilliant M450 with the addition of LIVE Strava Segments. Unlike the Wahoo it has has built-in GPS but the extra £56/$80 you won’t be disappointed.
5 Minute video – and you’ll know everything
In summary, it’s an innovative little black-box that means you can keep your expensive smartphone tucked safely away in your back pocket. Heart Rate, Power, Cadence (if you have the optional accessories) all displayed on the clear screen.
Quick Links – lowest prices
PLEASE use the links below to check for the lowest online prices of the Wahoo RFLKT
Thank you for your valued support .. Tristan
>> Back to Top of review
Top Features of the Wahoo RFLKT
- Sleek Profile
- Weighs only 2 ounces
- Measures 2.4” long by 1.6” wide by 0.5” thick.
- Low Power
- Coin cell operated, requiring no re-charging.
- Over 1 year battery life
- Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 (Smart) Connectivity
- RFLKT is IPX7 certified for riding in all types of weather and on all types of terrain
- The RFLKT has simple wireless connectivity through a Bluetooth 4.0 connection.
- Compatible with your favorite Apps
- Compatible with Wahoos own App for Cycling and Cyclemeter
- Three mounting option – stem, bar and quarter turn.
- Works with iPhone and Android devices – iPhone 4S and later models, and select Android devices with Android 4.3 operating system or newer
>> Back to Top of review