Wahoo Tickr RUN
- Editor Rating
- Rated 5 stars
- Wahoo Tickr RUN
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- Heart Rate Monitor functionsEditor: 100%
- Heart Rate AccuracyEditor: 100%
- Running functionsEditor: 75%
- Ease of UseEditor: 100%
- Battery LifeEditor: 100%
- ANT+ Support (Garmin)Editor: 100%
- Android & iOs App supportEditor: 100%
For more details on the Wahoo Tickr range please visit the main review here. This is the Wahoo Tickr RUN. If you’re not interested in gathering running metrics like left & right balance, smoothness etc, then please consider the original Wahoo Tickr. The Wahoo Tickr Run has been reviewed by Tristan Haskins aka CardioCritic (formerly HeartRateMonitor UK)
NOTE > there are 3 versions of this popular Bluetooth / ANT+ heart rate monitor sensor.
- Wahoo Tickr (Bluetooth & ANT+)
- Wahoo Tickr RUN (this one – Bluetooth & ANT+ with running dynamics data collection)
- Wahoo Tickr X (Bluetooth & ANT+ with a built-in memory allowing freedom to train WITHOUT your smartphone)
Wahoo Tickr RUN – Bluetooth & ANT+ with RUN metrics
The Wahoo Tickr RUN has all the same functionality of the original Wahoo Tickr plus RUNNING DYNAMICS data from a built-in accelerometer. Get feedback on your running style and efficiency from the Wahoo RunFit APP.
Quick Links – lowest prices
PLEASE use the links below to check for the lowest online prices of the Wahoo Tickr RUN Heart Rate sensor.
Thank you for your valued support .. Tristan
- Personalized Heart Rate Training zones guide you to a more efficient work out.
- View real-time heart rate, training zones and calories burned on your smartphone or tablet with compatible training apps.
- Specially designed for RUNNERS. This version of Wahoo Tickr incorporates a built-in accelerometer. This clever device measures your running form across three dimensions. Once the data has been analysed in the Wahoo RunFit app it can help you improve your running style and become a stronger runner.
- The accelerometer is also useful when used indoors on a treadmill. When in Treadmill mode it can track your running speed & distance when running indoors
- Dual Technology. Like the BlueLeza HR sensor, this Wahoo Tickr also transmits heart rate data in both ANT+ and Bluetooth 4.0. This allows it to connect to to iOs and Android smartphones / tablets and Garmin Edge / Forerunner products (ANT+) and many GPS watches like the Polar M400/V800 and Suunto Ambit3 / Spartan (TICKR is compatible with iPhone 4S onwards and with most Android devices running Android 4.3)
- Pair with Wahoo Runfit and other compatible third party apps to personalize heart rate training zones and maximize your workout.
- Works with over 50 Smartphone Apps including Nike+ Running, MapMyFitness, Runkeeper, RidewithGPS, and Apple Health.
- Apple Watch Integration – Pair directly with the Apple Watch to track heart rate or sync heart rate data through the Wahoo 7 Minute Workout app or Wahoo RunFit app.
Wahoo – 7 Minute Workout
The Wahoo 7 minute workout app contains 12 high-intensity exercises for the ultimate efficient workout. Download available for iPhone or Android. If you’d like more details please pop over to Wahoo’s website
Alternative Smartphone HR sensors
Several other companies sell high quality Bluetooth heart rate monitors. The two other brands that I can recommend are the Polar H7 and the BlueLeza. The BlueLeza also transmits in BOTH Bluetooth 4.0 and ANT+. This makes it popular for those who want to connect heart rate to a smartphone (iPhone/Android etc) or a Bluetooth compatible fitness watch (eg. Suunto Ambit, Polar V800 etc) or a Garmin Edge / Forerunner devices running ANT+. The Polar H7 transmits in both Bluetooth 4.0 and also Polar 5.4Khz analogue coded signal (Polar Wearlink) compatible with popular Gym equipment and older heart rate monitors from Polar like the RC3, FT2, FT4 etc.
Polar H7 Bluetooth 4.0 and Polar Wearlink / GymLink coded
BlueLeza ANT+ & Bluetooth heart rate sensor (highly recommended)
Polar H10 Bluetooth & T31 coded / Wearlink PLUS internal storage for one session (eg SWIM) – GOLD STANDARD heart rate sensor
Or something completely different – the Polar OH1 Optical Heart Rate monitor that is worn on the upper or lower arm. Accuracy & Comfort